Blog: Top 5 Richmond Pubs
Richmond has some of the best pubs in Melbourne. Here's our Top 5 Richmond pubs - and why!!
1. London Tavern - One of Richmond's original pubs is still one of the best. Giant beer garden with huge TV screens to watch any sport live. Suggestion: Monday to Wednesday try the $10 parma, curry or burgers are guaranteed to fill you up.
2. Kingston Hotel - Hidden on Highett Street, this place has three different levels. Open fire place in Winter, beautiful restaurant and handy little beer garden. Suggestion: Without doubt, try their half price steaks on Wednesday for only $14 - amazing value!!
3. Corner Hotel - On Swan Street, next to the Richmond station, you must visit this legendary music venue. Every artist who plays here has a recording contract and seriously good. I've even seen Mick Jagger and Pink Floyd perform (under different names, but that's another story...). Check out the concert list on the side wall and book your tickets. Suggestion: It will be hot, sweaty and sticky on the floor...get there early to get the best spot to ROCK!!
4. Mountain View Hotel - This place is on Bridge Road, and walking distance to the MCG.
The secret here is to keep the climbing the stairs (4 stories!!) to reach their rooftop for 360 degree views of Melbourne. Enjoy the pool tables. Suggestion: Monday night has $15 Ribs, Rings and Wings - sticky sweet goodness!
5. Bridge Hotel - This pub is like having a mini town within a pub. The theme is inner city and has an alley way through the middle of the pub. This place is pumping on Friday and Saturday nights, so get there early. Suggestion: Tuesday night $16 Parma and Steaks are great value.